Friday, August 29, 2008

Day 2 of Pre-School

I knew that when I dropped him off on the second day, it would be way more traumatic than the first. This time, he knew what was coming.

Again, we played outside for a few minutes, and then the teachers started ringing the bell. Another boy tried to give the bell to Dane, so that he could help, but this is when Dane started to freak out. "Nooooo! No, Mommy, nooooooo!"

He latched himself onto me with such a grip that I honestly couldn't get him to let go at first. Finally I managed to say goodbye, give him a hug and a kiss and tell him I'd be back after lunch, while getting him off of me. One of his teachers took his hand and led him inside, to look out the "goodbye window." He was hysterically crying, and waving frantically, and yelling BYE BYE BYE!!!

He must have calmed down pretty quickly because I didn't get a call on the second day. I got to school at about 12:15 and saw him on the playground, sitting in a car inside the race-track while lots of kids raced around and around on bikes. He was just sitting there in the car... honestly it looked a little cute and little sad... I went over and said, "Hey, are you OK? Are you having a good time?" to which he answered "Yep! Just playing with my friends!" Well, OK!

1 Comments:

Blogger suebaby said...

Wow, this is all VERY familiar! Sounds like Dane is adapting well so far! Enjoy the long weekend!

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home