Monday, August 18, 2008

much on the horizon

It's going to be a big week at Chez LittleJeans. Tuesday we have Munchkin's open house, Wednesday I try to buy books for my class, Thursday is Munchkin's first day of school, and then Sunday is my 27th birthday. Also, we have a hurricane planning to touch down here sometime this week.

Have you ever heard of 101 in 1001?

The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

I would like to do this, and seeing as when the 1001 days is up I will be almost 30, I think it's pretty good timing. But writing goals is hard-- and 101 goals? It seems impossible... I can only think of about 10 off the top of my head.

Also, my free time has pretty much dwindled down to zero now that I've discovered ChaCha. More on that later!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in! Goal: eat 101 Cuban Sammys in 1001 days

11:00 AM  
Blogger sandie said...

But that's not a challenge!

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home