Friday, August 29, 2008

Day 1 of Pre-School (Fake Out)

Our first day of school was thwarted by Hurricane Fay. I didn't think to check beforehand that morning if school was canceled, since the hurricane wasn't really supposed to hit until late that night. Dane and I were all hyped up and ready for school. We drove there, getting there a little early. I noticed the parking lot was very empty-- too empty for 20 minutes before the start of school. But still we sat there for awhile... waiting.

A few cares trickled into the parking lot. Finally, just as I was about to get out and check out the office, another family came from that way and told us that school was canceled.

I don't think it would have mattered to Dane either way, but the little girl in that family was bawling, which set off the Little Kid Chain Reaction, and of course Dane starting bawling, too.

He cried all the way home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home